Tuesday 28 February 2012

First day of goals

Today we've been told that we have to write a 'to do list' and comment every period what we have done. This I think is kinda of annoying because we are wasting our time commenting rather than doing the work, but I will still try this out. Well my goals...
1) Try to get contacts for my artists
I got an email from a magazine on Peter Robinson, he said he didn't have a contact but he linked me to someone else. At home I'm also going to try and contact them on Facebook, so far that's all I've got back, I haven't found out anything about Tamara Dean.
2) Finish my Reading Responses
Almost finished...
3) Research on artwork
I'm trying to find out as much as I can about three pieces of artwork on each of my artists.
-What was happening in the artist life at the time? did this influence the artwork?
- How was the artwork made? How do these things influence the viewer?
-Did any other artist's or art styles/genres influence this specific artwork?
If I can't find all of this information it will be included in my questions to them

Hopefully I won't have to change my artists, still fingers crossed!
also turns I can't come on the road trip to Wellington, I'm so busy on the 16th of March :/

2.39- Well so far I've almost almost finished my reading response, I'll finish the rest tonight.
and found out more information about my artists.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your honest reflections on the process of goal setting etc. I really appreciate you being straight up about it. I'd be interested to read about how you're finding it in a week or two, once you're in the habit of it. Will it still seem like a waste of time, or will it have become a short little task that fits easily into everything else you do? We'll have a chat about it in class in a week or so to see how it's working for everyone.

    ReplyDelete